Cinema 21, our independent, neighborhood theater has launched the "Seat Yourself" Kickstarter campaign to raise funds to replace the decades-old seats currently in place. Last year the theater added two new screens, and between the new screens and new seats the theater will be modernized and competitive in today's movie marketplace.
Their hard goal will allow them to replace the seats on the main floor, but the stretch goal will be enough funds to cover replacement of the balcony too.
Every dollar is appreciated, and every donor will receive a gift depending on the amount of the donation. Check the official Kickstarter site for all the details.
A few of the awesome prizes:
- Get a plaque with your name on one of the new seats!
- Deals on tickets & refreshments!
- Dinner-and-a-Show packages with local restaurants: 23 Hoyt, Serratto, Papa Haydn, Bar Mingo & Caffe Mingo, Justa Pasta, Jo Rotisserie and Bar, Muu Muu's,San Sai Japanese Grill, and Dick's Kitchen!
- Lunch with Oscar-nominated director, Gus Van Sant!
- Dinner with author and provocateur, Dan Savage!
- Private screening for 50 of your closest friends!
- Naming rights to the newly reseated auditorium!
- Vintage marquee letters & movie posters – own a piece of Cinema 21 history!
Watch the campaign video and get all the details here: http://cinema21.com/kickstarter
Donating isn't the only way to help. Please share the campaign with your friends, family and co-workers. The success of the campaign depends on the whole neighborhood coming together.
- Kickstarter: Share via email, Facebook or Twitter http://cinema21.com/kickstarter or use this shortened URL http://kck.st/1p0OeOt
- Facebook: Like the theater's page at https://www.facebook.com/Cinema21PortlandOregon
- Twitter: Follow @cinema21pdx
- Social Media Posting: Share the theater's Facebook posts and tweets!
Be sure to tag it #C21SeatYourself.
Thanks for supporting our neighborhood theater! Shop, eat and play local!